Most Expensive Colleges
If you are interested in researching and learning about some of the United States' priciest institutions of higher learning, you might want to consider reading a list of the most expensive colleges. The majority of colleges and universities are on the costly side (especially private schools), but some schools are definitely more expensive than others.
- Sarah Lawrence College - Sarah Lawrence College is one of the most expensive schools in the nation. The college is located in Bronxville, New York, which is approximately 40 minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. It was established in 1926 and offers both undergraduate and graduate educational programs, in subjects including health advocacy, women's history, economics and design studies. Sarah Lawrence College costs almost $60,000 a year to attend.
- Vanderbilt University - Vanderbilt University is an independent research school that is in Nashville, Tennessee. Vanderbilt University has been in operation since 1873. The expensive university consists of six professional and graduate divisions, as well as four undergraduate divisions. Some of the diverse academic disciplines are physics and astronomy, neuroscience, Italian and European studies, nursing and engineering. One year's tuition is just over $40,000.
- Columbia University - Columbia University is a prestigious Ivy League research institution in New York City, New York. Columbia University has been in existence since 1754 and is one of the top five most expensive American colleges. The academic departments consist of everything from Germanic languages and rehabilitation to psychology and marketing. A year of tuition at Columbia University is slightly less than $44,000.
- Bard College - Bard College is an Annandale-on-Hudson, New York liberal arts school that opened in 1860. The campus Bard College spans 600 acres and looks upon the picturesque Hudson River. Undergraduate and graduate programs are both available in subjects such as written arts, Spanish studies, art history and economics and finance. To attend Bard College for a year, it costs over $42,000.
- Wesleyan University - Wesleyan University is a liberal arts school that is in Middletown, Connecticut, in the state's central region. Wesleyan University was established in 1831. The university's numerous academic programs include Asian literatures and languages, biochemistry and molecular biology, romance languages and government. Tuition for a full year at Wesleyan University is more than $42,000.