If you have a spare 40 to 60 million dollars, you can afford one the hottest rich-guy toys on the planet – one of the five most expensive private jet planes. You can cruise the blues in style, do a little continent hopping and maybe buy your own island with the money you save on commercial flights. Of course, parking could be a problem, but you could always build your own hanger on your gazillion dollar estate.
Before that money burns a hole in your pocket, let’s take a look at your choices. Keep in mind though, the prices listed are as of 2007. Prices have sky-rocketed since (no pun intended) with the lowest priced Dassault Falcon listing in 2009 for $50 million, so be prepared for some upgrades and added zeros before whipping out that checkbook.
- Gulfstream G550 – $59.9 million. Not only is this baby the Rolls-Royce of private jets, but it even sports not one, but two Rolls-Royce BR710 engines. It can travel over 6,700 nautical miles in style and comfort at Mach .0885
- Boeing Business Jet 2 – $55.5 million. This 737 can go over 6,000 nautical miles on one fill-up. However, the $55.5 million dollar price tag is the stripped-down version. Customization is going to cost you more.
- Bombardier Global Express XRS – $47.7 million. This puppy tops out at Mach .085. With a cabin height of 6’3,” even your old high school basketball team would be comfortable in here.
- Gulfstream V-SP – $45 million. Can’t afford a Gulfstream 550? The Gulfstream V-SP was its predecessor. You’ll only be able to go 5,800 nautical miles with this little toy, but what’s 900 nautical miles between friends? You’ll also have to drop down to 2 Rolls-Royce BR710A1-10 engines for a little less oomph, but you can still hit that Mach .0885 speed.
- Dassault Falcon 7X – $41 million. For the bargain-hunter rich guy, the Dassault company has been building Falcons for private owners and businesses for years. The 7X tops out at 953k/hr, so you’ll give up a little speed. You’ll also only be able to fit fourteen of your closest friends, rather than the nineteen passengers the other jets can hold.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.