Most Influential People In History
These people's contributions have earned them a spot on the list of the most influential people in history. They have either contributed through actions, words or deeds. Whatever they have done, their names are now entered in one of the most prestigious lists in this country. Here is a list of five of the most influential people in history.
- Jesus Christ. Undeniably, his name is the most recognized in the world. Whether you're a Christian, Atheist or a member of any of the other myriad of the world's religions you've no doubt heard this name, and seen the influence his teaching have had on the world.
- Steve Jobs. Entrepenuer, creative and innovative thinker. In high school, Jobs was a prankster. He dropped out of college after only six months. In 1974, he became a game designer for Atari, but soon became bored with that positon. He later resigned and left for a retreat in India. Jobs along with his friend Steve Wozniak started Apple Computers in 1976. And the rest is history.
- Oprah Winfrey. She hosted a talk show in Nashville, Tennessee in 1976. "People Are Talking" was the foundation for her becoming the host of the nationally syndicated "Oprah Winfrey Show." She later launched the "Oprah Book Club," ffounded Oxgen Media, debuted the monthly magazine "O" and today owns the "OWN" Network with Discovery Communications.
- Michael Jordan. Inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2009, Michael Jordan is considered one of basketball's most astounding players. After leaving the game and returning several times, Michael finally hung up his jersey for good in 2003. Some have said basketball will never be the same without Michael Jordan.
- Bill Gates. As the co-founder and chairman of Microsoft, Bill Gates is by far one of the most influential and recognized names of the 21st century. Being in the right place at the right time, he built the world's largest computer software business. Microsoft is the number one software giant. The company catapulted Gates from middle income America to multi-billionaire status, making him one of the richest men in the world.