Mother-son dance song ideas are needed for occasions such as weddings and graduations. A mother-son dance song idea is a way for a son to publicly thank his mother for all of her support and help throughout the years. Take your time when considering mother-son dance song ideas and be sure to make the right choice.
- "Thank You" (1969) – Led Zeppelin. This heart-felt rock ballad can be difficult to dance to in a couple of spots, but the emotional performance by the band makes it worth it. A Led Zeppelin classic that is appropriate for a wedding or graduation. Any time you want a mother-son dance song idea that thanks your mom for everything, then use this song.
- "Mother's Pride" (1990) – George Michael. This emotional song about a mother's love was very popular during the 1991 Gulf War. But it does just as well as a mother-son dance song at any occassion. The lyrics are especially powerful and become more moving when set against the piano accompaniment.
- "A Song for Mama" (1997). This Boyz II Men classic recalls everything that a mother does for a son during the course of his life. The steady beat makes this a mother-son dance song idea that any mother and son can dance to and remember the past.
- "Anyway" (2006) – Martina McBride. This song is more about meeting the challenges of life and going for your dreams. But it becomes the perfect mother-son dance song idea because of the undying support a mother gives a son throughout his life.
- "Do I Make You Proud" (2006) – Tracy Ackerman / Andy Watkins / Paul Wilson. American Idol winner Taylor Hicks made this song famous, and it stands as one of the best mother-son dance song ideas ever written. It is an ode from a son to his mother thanking her for all she has done and then making sure that he made her proud.