Motocross Bike Gear Essentials
Motocross bike gear essentials run the gamut of safety gear to keep the rider safe. Motocross gear is based on keeping the rider protected and comfortable and is made up of full body components. This article will bring you the essentials that every motocross rider should have before embarking in any activity related to motocross.
- Helmet: The most essential piece of gear for the motocross rider. Helmets speak for themselves. In any motorized sport or activity the risk of concussion or worse is always at risk. A good helmet is needed to protect the rider and keep him comfortable. Always include a helmet in your list of essentials for motocross.
- Boots: Good pair of motocross boots is essential to keep the foot, ankle and shins protected during riding. It is also important to have boots with a grip-guard process to maintain the motocross rider feet to the pegs without gripping the bike. Motocross is a strenuous and bumpy ride, contact for the rider is vital for his safety as well as that of other riders.
- Goggles: These need to fit over the helmet and cover the opening spot in the helmet. The goggles will protect the eye, orb and cheeks from debris. On a motocross track dirt and small rocks are flying everywhere. This essential piece of gear will keep you protected and keep your mind on the race and the racers around you.
- Gloves: This essential piece of gear keeps the hands protected from debris and the motocross rider’s hands on the throttle and brake. Maintaining contact with these components is vital to maintaining your speed and braking into turns. A good pair of gloves should work like the boots, keeping you stuck to the bike but not bound.
- Pants: Further protection of the motocross rider’s legs is essential as well. For obvious reasons you do not want to hit the circuit in shorts. Dirt and small rocks hurt on impact and if you should crash the outcome can be devastating. You want a motocross rated pair of pants, some may prefer internal padding for this sport.
- Shirt with Chest Guard: Finally, this essential piece of gear is here for the same reason as the pants. Many riders opt for chest guards as well based on the chest being the widest impacts area for decries. Also, it is the widest area of impact on crashes, impact with the handle bars and the ground. Having a good chest/shirt that is motocross rated is very important.