Move Itunes To New Computer
Learn how to move iTunes to a new computer so that you can keep all of your previous music and videos. Knowing how to do this will save you time and money in the future. iTunes is a program made by Apple that allows users to listen to, search for, and download music and videos ranging anywhere from the newest pop music to decade old movies.
You will need the following:
- iTunes installed
- Computer with Internet or iTunes CD
- CDs and CD burner
- External/Portable Hard Drive
- Flash/Zip Drive
- Moving your iTunes files to a new computer can be difficult and aggravating without proper research. The first thing you will need to do is install iTunes on your new computer. You can do this either through the Apple website if you have internet access, or if you do not then you can also use the free iTunes CD that comes with most Apple products.
- You can use CDs to move your music and videos, although this is the least efficient way of doing so. Burn all of your music onto CDs as data rather than MP3 files so that you can fit large amounts of music on one single CD. This will probably require several CDs, but once you have burned all of your music from your old computer you can rip that music off the CD and onto your new computer. From there, you can import the music into iTunes from wherever it is located on your computer.
- Using external or portable hard drives to move your iTunes files to a new computer is the most efficient way of doing so. These external hard drives can store lots of data and do not require a lot of time for you to transfer data to or from them. Simple copy all of your music into your external hard drive from your old computer to start. Then plug it into the new computer and transfer the files over. Import your transferred music and videos into iTunes and enjoy.
- You can also use a flash or zip drive to move your iTunes files to a new computer. Some of these drives can hold a lot of data, and you can probably transfer almost all of your music, videos, photos, etc. at one time. Follow the same steps as you would if you had a portable hard drive. Plug the flash drive in and copy the music from the old computer to it. Then transfer this data to the new computer and import it into iTunes.