Msg Side Effects
Although the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) says that MSG is safe, some people do experience certain MSG side effects. Well, what is MSG? MSG, also known as Monosodium Glutamate is a flavor enhancer used in a lot of foods on the market today. Chinese food is often said to contain MSG. Certain canned foods have MSG in them as well. Well, MSG has been deemed safe to consume by the FDA, that label doesn't stop certain people from experiencing the following MSG side effects.
- Headaches. Yes, consumption of MSG can give certain people headaches. But, so can eating extremely salty foods. This particular side effect is tame compared to some of the others.
- Flushing and sweating. Here are two weird side effects. Imagine sweating when you eat or becoming flush. Now, some people sweat when they eat because of the spicy ingredients in certain foods. So, becoming flush and prespiring slightly still aren't that dangerous in comparison to the more severe side effects.
- Nausea and weakness. These side effects to MSG consumption should raise a few eyebrows. No one wants to see their recently consumed meal popping up for a return engagement. MSG isn't the only food or beverage source that can cause these side effects though. Drinking heavily can produce the same results.
- Facial pressure, tightness, numbness and tingling in the face and other areas. Now, here are some rather serious side effects. Pressure in your face, or even a tingling running through select areas of your body aren't side effects you'd want to take lightly. But, they still aren't the worst.
- Serious business. MSG has been linked to developing heart issues, and chest pain. Apparently, some people have felt heart palpitations and a severe tightening in the chest due to consuming MSG. These particular side effects can be deadly.