Need to use Mucinex DM but are worried about potential side effects? The DM stands for Dextroethorphan Guaifenesin. Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. It affects the indicator in the brain that prompts a cough response. Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It helps break down congestion in your chest and throat, making it easier to cough up mucus and exit via the mouth. The mixture of dextromethorphan and guaifenesin is used to take care of cough and chest congestion caused by colds, infections, and allergies. Serious Mucinex DM side effects are uncommon. Below is everything you need to know about the most common Mucinex Dm side effects.
- Physical side effects of Mucinex DM. Physical side effects include gastrointestinal side effects have included dizziness, nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea and stomach cramping. Skin rashes and pruritus are another Mucinex Dm side effect.
- Mental side effects of Mucinex DM. Dextromethorphan, especially at higher or abusive doses, effects the nervous system. Resulting side effects have included lethargy, excitation, mental uncertainty, and depression.
- Allergic side effects of Mucinex DM. Serious allergic reactions to this drug is unlikely, but seek your health provider if side effects occur. Mucinex DM allergic side effects may include swelling of the face, tongue and throat, intense vertigo and breathing impairment.
- Interaction side effects of Mucinex DM. Do not use a cough or cold medicine if you have used an MAO inhibitor within the two weeks prior. Severe, deadly side effects can occur if you take cough or cold medicine before the MAO inhibitor has cleared from your body. Guaifenesin can affect the results of certain lab tests. If you are having laboratory tests done while using Mucinex DM, inform your health professional and all technicians.
- Side effects of Mucinex DM and younger children. Do not administer Mucinex DM or any other cough or cold medicines to a child under two-years old. Consult your health professional when planning on giving any cough or cold medicine to a child. These improper doses of these medicines have been linked to death in young children.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!