Museums Of Sex
Museums of sex preserve the history of the culture of sex from around the world. From sexual practices in ancient times, which today’s society might think of as bizarre, creepy, funny or old fashioned, to modern sexual activities, events, and discoveries, museums of sex will never stop surprising us. Always controversial, and frequently rejected by numbers of people, museums of sex enrich their visitors with a good list of scientific facts, information about sexual traditions performed in different cultures, and the evolution of sexual practices. Museums of sex show a variety of videos, films, publications, sexual toys, sex conventions, sexual artifacts, sexual art, etc. that definitely will contribute to knowing and understanding ourselves better. Some of these museums can be checked out online. But, if you have the chance to visit one, don’t miss it. It’s worth it.
- Museum of Sex, New York. Wonderful exhibits and virtual installations on everything, including the "Sex Lives of Animals." Erotic art, porno films, and comics from each era. Sexual toys, including real sex dolls. Some of them, can be touched by visitors. See how Snow White is being molested by the seven dwarfs. Marge Simpson and Family Guy get their porno on. Burlesque photos, drawings, and videos. There's something for everyone. Don't forget to stop at the OralFix Aphrodisiac Bar for erotic elixirs and foods specially prepared for your pleasure.E xplore aphrodisiacs from over 3,000 years of human history and enjoy an “Aphrodite,” a jasmine almond nectar with honey, for potency and lust. Or what about a “Montezuma”? A vanilla-chocolate-chile combination, excellent for stimulation and euphoria. Don’t forget dessert, “Pain et Chocolate Puff,” a pastry made with spicy chocolate cream for romance and spice. Check online specials.
- Sex Machines Museum, Prague. If you are a film aficionado lover, you will enjoy the old erotic cinema in black and white in a small, intimate, charming theater. They just introduced two Spanish pornographic films made around 1925. The museum has a “Mechanical Erotic Appliances” section, packed with all sorts of devices to bring pleasure and allow extraordinary and unusual positions during intercourse. The artifacts displayed range from intriguing, to disturbing.They have a permanent exhibit about boudoir clothing and historical contraceptive devices. Prepare to be surprised.
- Sexmuseum, Amsterdam. All the halls and galleries in the Amsterdam Sex Museum are named after historical characters from the history of eroticism. The Casanova Gallery features Giacoma Casanova (1725 – 1798), who gained international fame due to his reputation of successfully seducing women. He studied to be a priest, but his enthusiasm for sex was stronger. He ended up wealthy by setting up a lottery. The word “casanova” has survived to describe men who seduce women. You will find something you haven't seen before, as the tour takes you from prehistoric era to the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians to modern Amsterdam. Some of the items are quite explicit and eye opening. You might be scared by the sudden appearance of “moving dolls” coming out of the wall.
- China Sex Museum. Enjoy more than 6,000 years of human sexuality in the world's most populous nation. Many of the exhibits are very explicit. Liu Dalin, founder and curator of the Chinese Sexual Culture Museum, has been struggling to keep the museum opened, to the point that Liu is packing up his collection of 3,700 erotic toys to move to the countryside. The reason? Some bureaucrats fear that the topic of sex is dangerous. The museum covers four main areas: prehistoric times, women and marriage, sex in everyday, and unconventional sexual behavior.
- Art Erotique Et Musee De l'erotisme a Paris. This is an incredible opportunity to explore erotic art from many cultures in a single location. If you are an open minded individual ready for exploration of eroticism, you won't be disappointed. This museum has folk and contemporary art and a very interesting historical section of photographs of the 'red light' district in earlier times. They also have a selection of historical erotic films and erotic cartoons. Don't miss the top floor, where a friendly man wearing a bondage attire, will be more than happy to pose for a picture.