Try out some of these music streaming sites next time you want to listen to something new. Music streaming sites are becoming more and more popular these days. Many of these music streaming sites are free, although some do offer subscription plans to avoid some of the more annoying aspects of running a radio station online. Whichever site you choose, you will not be dissapointed in the selection of music.
- Pandora. Pandora is probably the best internet radio site out there. It is extremely simple to use, featuring a very basic interface that causes no confusion to anyone. Pandora allows you to create radio stations by genre, band name, song name and many other search parameters. Pandora is a great music streaming site because it allows you to find music that is similar to the bands you like.
- Grooveshark. Grooveshark is a great choice for a streaming music site. The layout of the site is very similar to that of Windows Explorer, so anyone used to using a Windows computer will feel right at home. Grooveshark allows you to even create your own playlist, be it by band or by individual song. While not even remotely as large as Pandora, Grooveshark's song selection has something to please everyone and should be checked out by those looking for a nice music streaming site.
- Last.fm. Last.fm is a music streaming site for those that enjoy social networking. Like Pandora, it offers a huge library that can offer songs similar to ones you search for. The big difference is that you are able to see what other people are listening to. This music streaming site even offers additional content, such as lyrics.
- Napster. Much different than its filesharing roots, Napster is now a music streaming site that competes with the best. Napster allows you to listen to their rather large array of songs from any device you have, be it computer, phone or television. The main problem with Napster is that it requires a subscription, so those looking for a free music streaming site should look elsewhere.
- Rhapsody. Rhapsody is a fantastic music streaming site. Due to Rhapsody being around for quite a while, it has amassed an extremely large selection of music. Thankfully, the user interface is easy enough that you will have no problem finding any song you want. Rhapsody only allows users to listen to 25 songs a month unless you subscribe, which costs $12.99 a month. While this may seem steep, the huge selection of songs might make the price worth it to some.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.