Music Video Websites
Music video websites are everywhere these days. Once upon a time, you had to have cable and hope MTV would play the video you wanted to see. Nowadays, you can watch any video you want to see on any number of websites.
- MTV.com -- Although MTV is sort of the grandfather of music video now, it still has an active website. In fact, many people still associate rock and pop music videos with the cable network. If you go there, you can probably find any hip band you're looking for.
- VH1.com -- VH1 was started to capture the older listeners and viewers. It's always had something different from MTV to offer. Whereas MTV had to have what's happening now, VH1 provides a little perspective.
- YouTube.com -- YouTube has become a force in the music business. Many artists got their start from exposure on YouTube. You don't have to have a record company to become a YouTube star, so it has completely changed the playing field.
- Hulu.com -- Although Hulu is better known for showing TV shows, you can also see some of your favorite videos there, too. You can especially find TV performances by pop artists.
- Yahoo.com -- Yahoo! does the best job of combining journalism with performances. Yes, you can just watch the videos there. However, you can also read some great stories about artists, too.
- AOL.com -- Poor AOL. It was the big dog in the internet once upon a time. Although it's a shadow of its former self, you can still watch popular videos there.
- BET.com -- There's always a place for more specialized music videos. If you like R&B music, and you don't really care about kids with guitars wearing tight jeans, BET is your first stop.
- CMT.com -- If you're from the South, chances are good you really love country music. If you enjoy country music, CMT gives it to you. There are all kinds of stories on artists, too.
- MySpace.com -- Much like AOL, MySpace has been kind of left behind by history. Nevertheless, it is a great place for artists to feature their latest videos.
- MSN.com -- This is one website many people likely don't think about. They think of it more for its news and information. Even so, you can see the latest videos on the site.
Posted on: Apr. 01, 2011