For those who prefer the freedom of skinny-dipping, there are many naked beaches around the world that offer a chance to experience the joys of nude swimming. Quite a few are here in the United States, in warm tropical locales such as Florida. Others require a little bit longer of a journey, but are sure to leave you less than disappointed.
- Maui's Little Beach: Nestled in Makena State Park is Maui's Little Beach. The Hawaiian island provides a chance to witness some of the most beautiful, lush scenery in the world. In addition to nude swimming, this naked beach also features naked cruises operated by the Friends of Little Beach.
- San Onofre State Beach: Located in Orange County, California, this naked beach is at the southern tip of the state park. There is a two-mile portion of the beach that is clothing-optional. Apparently a local mainstay for over 30 years, the beach also features great surfing.
- Haulover Beach: One of Miami, Florida's luxurious white sand beaches that are consistently voted as some of the world's "top beaches." This naked beach is quite popular with millions of visitors each year. The beach is maintained by the City of Miami for safety and cleanliness and features surfing, volleyball games, lifeguards and plenty of refreshments.
- Apollo Beach: A lesser known naked beach on Florida's Northeast side. Apollo Beach is situated in Volusia County near Cape Canaveral. In a somewhat undeveloped area, this is one of the naked beaches that allows a chance to get a glimpse at endangered species. Parking, however, is known to be scarce.
- Gunnison Beach: Sandy Hook, New Jersey's naked beach is known as one of the largest nude beaches on the east coast. Swimmers can get a view of New York Harbor and the Manhattan skyline while they're in the water or enjoying the warm sunshine. Due to its proximity to New York City, the beach can get quite crowded, but features lifeguard and police patrol units.
- Playa Zipolte: Located in Oaxaca, Mexico, this naked beach is one of the country's few. While it is actually considered illegal to swim nude in Mexico, quite a few disregard the government's rule and take to the far edge of the sands to skinny-dip. Fellow travelers caution that the ocean's undertows are quite strong at this beach.
- Lighthouse Beach: Another naked beach option in the New York area, Lighthouse Beach features nudity on the island as well. Situated on Fire Island, it is one of several nude beaches. While some nudity is seen between island towns, it is best to put your clothes back on when entering an incorporated city.
- Sandy Bay: This is one of South Africa's naked beaches. It is located in Cape Town and takes 20 minutes to reach by foot from the town's boardwalk. It is a well-known, but unofficial gathering place for nudists.
- Samurai Beach: One of Australia's contribution to the world of naked beaches, Samurai Beach is the host of the Nude Olympics. The beach features pleasant weather and plenty of sunshine throughout the year. It is also surrounded by a national park and its original nature is relatively undisturbed.
- Hanlan's Point Beach: Probably best visited in the summer months, this naked beach is located in Toronto, Canada. What started as a trial for clothing-optional recreation has turned into a permanent mainstay for locals. The beach also features recreational opportunities, such as volleyball.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.