Preparing to make a career choice in the National Guard as a guard solider is never easy however with this National Guard requirements list if you have your eyes set on the National Guard this is a must read article. If you are looking to become an applicant you will need to follow these National Guard requirements to enhance your potential to show your best off for the position you are aiming for.
- Age Requirement. To meet the National Guard Requirements for age you must be between the ages of seventeen and 35. At seventeen you can join however you must provide the consent of a parent or guardian. Applicants with no prior military service Enlistment must happen on or before their 35th birthday. If you are over the age of 35 applying means that you must obtain specialized professional skill such as a lawyer or Chaplin to be the exception to the rule.
- Education. Recruits must obtain a high school diploma or GED to meet the National Guard Requirements for education. Recruits also have to obtain a qualifying score on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude battery . This test is given by recruiters and results determine the position a recruit qualifies for.
- Citizenship. National Guard Requirements for United States recruits means you must be a U.S. citizen in either of the 50 states ,District Of Columbia, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam of the U.S. to be eligible. Also If you're still in high school, you may be eligible for the Split Training Option that lets you join while you finish your senior year. If you've left high school short of graduating, the Guard's GED program can help you obtain your GED.
- Physical Health. To be considered as a recruit you must be in excellent physical health with no major disabilities. This National Guard Requirements will mean producing a physical examination and will produce answers to questions asked about the applicants health. At some point You will also be tested to measure your level of physical fitness. This test measures the number of push-ups and sit-ups you can complete within a given time, and the amount of time it takes to complete up to a two-mile run.
- Clean Criminal Record. This will be one of the first and most essential National Guard Requirements on the list that is looked into before acceptance in the National Guard. National Guard requirements states that applicants must not be convicted of a felony. Some minor crimes may be overlooked if a long period of time has passed since that particular conviction and since that had no additional felonies.
- Scheduled time requirements. Upon passing all of the other National Guard requirements this requirement will mean that as a solider you must attend one drill weekend each month of the year and an annual two week training period. If you have never served in the military you must enlist in the National guard for a minimum of eight years at enlistment date.