Looking for natural remedies for fast healing wounds? There are literally hundreds, perhaps even thousands of natural remedies available, and you don’t have to travel to the bush to find them. If you’ve grown tired of treating every scratch, bite or bump with some topical concoction made of ingredients and properties you can’t even pronounce, it’s time to think natural remedies for fast healing wounds.
While herbs and greenery are plentiful, you can’t pluck up anything green and make a “cure”, some leaves and plant life can be poisonous. Go to your local herbalist or health food store to make your purchases for now. Before using anything on a scrape, cut or burn, use common sense; if you can’t stop the bleeding, or the wound is deep, seek medical attention. If you’ve already received treatment, and are just looking for a speedy recovery, here is a list of natural remedies you can use for fast healing wounds. Most of these remedies you can find in your cabinet now.
- Aloe Vera Gel You can pick this up at the corner drug store, if there is a plant near by, simply break off the leaves and squeeze out the aloe. Apply the aloe directly to the wound. This is great for cuts, scrapes, and burns.
- Garlic and Honey This natural cure that is great for healing sores and cuts. Mash raw garlic and place it on the wound, cover it with honey and place a clean bandage over it. Garlic is an antibiotic, and honey prevents bacteria from growing.
- Tea Bags Great for cuts, bites, and sty. The tannic acid in the tea is a mild astringent, and causes blood flow to stop.
- Tea Tree Oil Great for minor cuts and abrasions. Tea tree oil does sting when applied to an open wound or cut.
- Plantain Oil Great for cuts, stings, and wounds, and can even speed healing of diaper rash.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Great for healing wounds, also has anti itch properties.
- Lemon Balm Great for cuts, sores and even tumors. Can be used in treating cold sores and herpes.
- Lavender Oil Great for cuts and wounds, also heals skin irritation
- Castor Oil Great for healing wounds and cuts, also heals mouth ulcers, canker sores and herpes
- Dandelion Who knew this grass “nuisance” had healing properties? It’s great for healing wounds, just extract the juice and apply. Dandelion extract will also remove corns and warts.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)