NBA 10 Best Dunks 2009
Looking for the NBA 10 best dunks 2009? “Oh, snap!” This exclamation is the unconscious but delighted response to seeing a mind blowing display of a man soaring over the heads of his opponents like an antelope to deliver judgment with an intensifying and defiant “Woosh!” If you haven’t already, the time to reminisce of the 2009 season has arrived. Continue reading so that your heart and memory may bask in the elation of the NBA ten best dunks 2009.
- Jason Richardson. Nearing the end of the season, Richardson pulls off a sweet 360 all by himself after a steal by his teammate when playing against the Hornets. Is it worth playing this NBA best dunk 2009 again? Yes, as long as you play the chorus for “All by Myself” by Celine Dion while you’re at it.
- Josh Smith. To deny Josh Smith a place in the NBA ten best dunks 2009 would be incredulous. This buzzer scoring dunk was not only amazing but this jaw dropping display of athleticism won them the game against the Magic. His nickname should be “The Punisher” for pulling off a move like that in the final throws of the game.
- Derrick Rose. Rose’s two handed domination over Goran Dragic of the Phoenix Suns is worth praising in this article of the 10 best NBA dunks 2009. A two handed slam dunk is a rare sight in the NBA but it’s a sight to be excited about and praised.
- J.R. Smith. Like a twister, J.R. Smith pulled Chauncey Phillips in and showed him the meaning of a 360 degree alley oop. Essentially there was little that Phillips could do to stop this twister before he wreaked disaster on the court. He’d have done better to stand further back than face Smith in that situation.
- Shannon Brown. This dunk earned Shannon Brown the Haeir Play of the Day which he rightly deserved and would not have accomplished had his teammate not made an off rim shot. In the face of the Dallas Mavericks (plus one of his own teammates) Brown laid down the law with stylish dunking etiquette in this recognized play for the ten best NBA dunks.
- Andre Iguodala. It’s uncertain whether Iguodala was eating Wheaties that morning but something had him revved up for this amazing dunk against the Nets. Watching him maneuver and then take that shot reminds you of the Mr. Stretch toy of the 1980’s. It seems as if Iguodala’s arm goes on forever though his body is steadily moving away from the basket.
- Lebron James. Former Cleveland Cavalier player, Lebron James displayed this “in-under-reverse slam” during a game against the Philadelphia 76ers. This dunk is a beautiful one and deserving of a title amongst the NBA ten best dunks 2009.
- Carmelo Anthony. Not only did he launch himself in the air to intercept the basketball but he some punch so go with the fruit of his efforts. Plus with a jump like that it’s no wonder someone coined the phrase “reach for the stars.”
- Corey Brewer. In this athletic feat that leaves you in awe Brewer hands Fisher his bags and sends him flying into the crowd. He leaps from just inside the paint straight to the goal leaving thoughts of “You’ve just got served” lingering in the minds of many.
- Dwayne Wade. In a game against Cleveland, Wade showed the Cavaliers the meaning of heat as he sent Anderson Varejao running out of the “kitchen” in his facial dunk which earns him a spot in the best NBA dunks 2009.
- Ryan Hollins. The Wizards never saw this coming for it seemed as If Hollins had a little magic of his own as he seems to hang suspended in mid-air for a split second before completing his spell over the Wizards defense. This fantastical play is deserving of a magical spot on the ten best NBA plays 2009.
As a sport that began in 1891, basketball reaches into the home and hearts of many Americans and non-Americans around the world. It is only enhanced by displays of athleticism like the dunks shared here which offer you the NBA 10 best dunks 2009.