For all of us too impatient to wait around 24 hours for a new movie from Netflix, help is on the way with instant entertainment by using one of several Netflix-ready devices. From video game consoles to mobile devices, DVD and Blu-ray players, home theater systems and HDTVs, there are dozens of options when it comes to Netflix-ready devices.
- Nintendo Wii The first of its kind of video game consoles, the Nintendo Wii is not only an industry leader in the gaming industry, but one of the most popular Netflix-ready devices on the market. The Wii can be used to stream video from the Netflix instant library using a Wi-Fi connection, play over 500 new and classic video games, browse the internet and connect with friends. To use Netflix on the Nintendo Wii, users can simply download the Netflix channel from the Wii Shop, enter their account information and sit back and enjoy.
- Xbox 360 As the second Netflix-ready device that is also a video game console, the Xbox 360 allows users to instantly watch films and television shows using the Netflix instant streaming service. Alone, the video game console can play over 400 games on a unified gaming network. With a high speed internet connection, Netflix unlimited plan and Xbox Gold LIVE membership, Xbox 360 users can double as a Netflix-ready device.
- Apple iPad Apple iPad users can enjoy streaming of television shows and films on the go by using the portable tablet as a Netflix-ready device. Similar to those using the Apple iPhone and Apple iPod Touch, iPad users can download the free Netflix streaming app to instantly watch Netflix offerings anywhere there is a Wi-Fi or 3G connection.
- Apple TV Yet another Apple product available for use as a Netflix-ready device, the Apple TV is a small accessory to home entertainment systems that packs a big punch. Using the Apple TV, viewers can rent and stream movies and television show from Apple iTunes or use the streaming device to access the instant streaming offerings from Netflix.
- LG Network Blu-ray Players Like many other Blu-ray players, several models in the LG family of Blu-ray players have capabilities to connect to the Internet using Wi-Fi connections, which also allow them to double as Netflix-ready devices. Standard DVDs, Blu-ray discs and instant streaming titles from Netflix in near-HD up-scaled to 1080p using the LG Network Blu-ray players.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?