Whether you've been pounding the pavement in search of a job or you need to shed serious pounds, try taping these never give up quotes to your bathroom mirror to inspire you every day. Who knows, you might just succeed and wind up writing never give up quotes of your own.
- "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never–in nothing, great or small, large or petty–never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." Imagine the grim outcome of World War II if Winston Churchill had failed to take his own "never give up" quote to heart. If one man can stand up to the Nazi machine and never give up even after more death and destruction than the world had ever seen, you have no excuse for surrender – at work, at home or anywhere.
- "Pain is just weakness leaving the body." This oft-quoted but unattributed quote will keep you going during an excruciating bench press, even when you feel tempted to give up before eking out one last rep. But you should remember this quote outside the gym, too. In life as in weight training, you cannot experience personal growth without a little suffering.
- "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." Take it from Rocky Balboa — a man whose claim to fame is hitting as hard as he can. It doesn't matter how tough you seem; if you give up when life punches you in the gut, you will never make it. Never give up and never concede, and you will always win the championship belt in the game of life.
- "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with the problem longer." The quickest way to undermine your success is to believe that success comes from "natural" genius and luck. Even Albert Einstein –- the world's most famous scientific genius – knew that. If you never give up, you will look like a genius to all those quitters you leave in your dust.
- "Nothing could be worse than the fear that one had given up too soon, and left one unexpended effort that might have saved the world." Maybe saving the world sounds too ambitious, but Jane Addams knew better. She never gave up fighting for immigrant rights and women's suffrage when neither issue won her popularity contests. If Jane Addams can solve such big problems never giving up, imagine what you can achieve.