Learn some facts about niacin pills before you begin using the supplements. Knowing the facts before taking niacin is practicing safety. Inform you doctor of health conditions that may cause complications. It is important to know how to properly take the supplement for the best effect. Niacin has side effects and some foods and medicines should not be mixed with this supplement.
- Niacin is a B vitamin. Niacin occurs naturally in the body. It is added to many vitamins and supplements. Niacin is used help to lower high cholesterol and help prevent heart attacks.
- Other names for niacin. Knowing the other names that niacin is labeled a good way to find the supplement at the store. If your doctor wants you to take niacin. it is called Vitamin B3, nicotinic acid, niacin SR, and nicor. These are a few of the terms used for niacin.
- Food that have niacin. Niacin is found in very small quantities in certain foods like organ meats, brewer's yeast, chicken, fish, beans, and whole grain breads. It is found in brewed espresso, tuna fish, fresh mushrooms, and vegetarian burgers. Eating food with it in your diet is the best way to take it.
- Niacin is taken by athletes. It is a vitamin taken by athletes to help with blood circulation and maintaining a normal energy level. It produces enzymes that convert carbohydrates, glucose, and fats into usable energy in the human body.
- Reduces blood fats in veins. A number of studies have shown niacin reduces blood fats in the body lowering the cholesterol level. High amounts of niacin are needed under a doctor's supervision to get these results. These effects were long term.
- Uses. Niacin is used in treatment of herpes, hypoglycemia, stress and anxiety, and heart disease. It helps blood flow in even the smallest arteries. It has been used to treat mouth inflammation and diabetes.
- Best ways to take niacin. Take it the way the doctor prescribed it for you. Drink it with a glass of water do not break the pills up swallow whole. Sometimes it is taken with a snack at bedtime. Always take it in the amount described at the proper time that is listed on package or prescription.
- Niacin side effects. Niacin causes some side effects in some people. Some of them are feeling light headed, fainting, swelling, dry skin, sweating and chills and insomnia. If you have diabetes, kidney disease or gout you should tell your doctor before taking niacin. It does not work for everyone.
- Niacin interaction with other drugs. Check with your doctor is you take a blood thinner, medications to lower cholesterol or heart medications. It may not interact well with niacin so check carefully before taking. There are some food that do not interact with niacin so check carefully with your doctor.
- Make lifestyle changes with taking niacin. Eat a healthy diet when taking niacin, stop smoking, and begin a exercise routine. Good exercises are walking, running, biking, swimming or workout at the gym or health spa.
Pain & Gain is crushing it at the box office, and frankly, we’re not surprised. Michael Bay’s action comedy stars a very ...
Walk into any supermarket or restaurant and you'll see there are a lot of "healthy" eating options out there, but how ma ...
There’s a lot more to building muscle than working out. Namely, your diet. Our fitness and nutrition expert reveals six ...