Remember those no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies from your childhood? If not, then it’s never too late to enjoy the ooey gooey goodness of these cookies. These chocolate oatmeal cookies are so fast to make that you can almost finish them during a commercial break or two. Perfect for summer, this recipe doesn’t even require you to turn on the oven.
If you want to make no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies, you will need:
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- The first step in making chocolate oatmeal cookies is to measure the oatmeal and peanut butter. Dump these into a large bowl. Keep this bowl to the side. You will need to have it ready as soon as the chocolate mixture is cooked.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat. Melt the butter. Stir in the milk and add the sugar and cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for exactly one minute.
- Remove from the stove. Pour the chocolate mixture over the oatmeal and peanut butter in the bowl. Mix the chocolate oatmeal cookies together quickly.
- Measure out the chocolate oatmeal cookies. Use an ice cream scoop to get the same sized cookies. Put them directly onto waxed paper.
- Cool the oatmeal cookies before eating. Let them sit until firmed up and cooled to room temperature.
Serve the oatmeal cookies with milk–think chocolate cake. Their chocolately goodness is a decadent treat but so easy to make.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …