No Ceilings Tracklist
Lil Wayne keeps the mixtape alive and well with a large song offering on the "No Ceilings" tracklist. Hear what's on his mind as he experiments with beats and samples with the funny and the serious songs on this album. It's hard to beat a free mixtape, especially when it's given with a love for his fans, so stream it or download it and enjoy tracks like these:
- "Throw It in the Bag" Materialism takes a front seat since "Throw It in the Bag" is an ode to spending with a heavy sprinkling of humor. "No Ceilings" makes a lifestyle out of purchasing. A frenetic beat that drops off here and there matches the pace of spending left and right until a rest is needed before the "hard" labor of buying takes off again. Fun and excessive, this song keeps it short and lively to the end.
- "I Got No Ceilings" Vamping hard in its sampling of the Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling," Lil Wayne crafts a fun little song that's perfect from the beach to the lakeshore. It's not often that artists let down their hair to just have fun and laugh, so this "No Ceilings" track is a welcome exception. Fun beats that match the lyrics in their desire to be playful and avoid tackling anything too hard or serious. Slouch back and enjoy "I Got No Ceilings" as you share a laugh with Lil Wayne
- "Sweet Dreams" This song is sultry and allows backing vocals that add an etherealness to the chorus. Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj's rap brings rawness to the female perspective that adds the edge that opposes the gentle female voice. There's no submissiveness in "Sweet Dreams," as man and woman trade lyrics back and forth, neither willing to give up ground in their battle for the dreamscape. "No Ceilings" builds to the sky, as the name would suggest, not letting it get chained down to the earth.
- "That's All I Have" Swirling beats and aggressive rapping give this track a deep ocean feel where there's danger lurking beneath the surface. It feels like waiting on a raft knowing there's a shark out there who's had a taste of you before. The strange break detracts from "That's All I Have," but at least it doesn't last past a few seconds until you're back, bobbing on the waves as anxiety builds. Lil Wayne lets "No Ceilings" play out, without trying to find a theme and that gives it a special power that most releases just don't have anymore.
- "Single" A visceral take on being single, at least temporarily, floats this song along. "No Ceilings" runs the gamut of beats with "Single," keeping the music simple while Lil Wayne dives without regret into a quick intimacy with no strings attached. A song that focuses on lust and not love, lets the physical desires take the center stage with an unrepentant grin. "No Ceilings" is a mixtape that allows the artist to experiment without needing to pony up for the expenses that would come with a lot of production, marketing and distribution. "Single" does well in this playground where there's nobody but the artist deciding where the boundaries will be drawn.