Nokia 2600: How To Set Ringtones
Are you wondering how to set ringtones on a Nokia 2600? Setting the ringtone on a Nokia 2600 cell phone is not a difficult task. The Nokia 2600 was made to be a simple yet stylish phone with its main functions being calls and texting. Finding your way through a Nokia 2600 can be confusing at first due to the many choices inside the menu, but as soon as you’ve looked through the phone you will find that the interface is simple and easy to understand.
- Add the contact information into the phone’s contact list. By doing this, it allows the phone to recognize whose number you want to set a particular ringtone for.
- Select the phone number or name you would like to set a ringtone for. Be sure that the network and the phone are able to identify the caller’s identity (i.e. the number isn’t “restricted” or “unknown”).
- Press the “options” button and push “Assign” to set a ringtone. This will bring you to the list of ringtones where you will chose which ringtone you would like for that particular contact.
- Go to the menu by pressing the “Menu” button. Only do these last steps if you would like to set a ringtone for the rest or all of the contacts in the phone.
- Select “Settings” then “Tone Settings” to access the ringtones.
- Push “Ringing Tone” to access the ringtones to pick from. If there are other alerts or tones you would like to change, then select either “Ringing Volume”, “Vibrating Alert”, “Message Alert Tone”, “Keypad Tones”, or “Warning Tones”.
- Choose the ring you would like to set as a default ringtone. It is best to choose a longer ringtone (if possible) to avoid a repeated tone.