Put your newly pierced nose into in this manual for nose piercing care to be sure you take care of your cool piercing correctly and don't get an infection. The inside and outside of your nose is covered with germs that are ready to attack your new nose piercing and make a mess. Keep it clean, and follow a couple rules and you should be in good shape.
For nose piercing care, you will need:
- Clean washcloth
- Anti-microbial soap
- Nail brush
- Sea salt
- Distilled water
- Large cotton balls
- Take Ibuprofen for any pain you might be feeling.
- Wrap a washcloth around a couple pieces of ice. Hold it against your piercing for about ten minutes on and off to reduce swelling.
- Wash your hands with the anti-microbial soap. Lather well and scrub your palms, backs of your hands and between your fingers. Use a nail brush to scrub under your nails.
- Wash your face. Use a soft, clean washcloth to wash around your nose, gently removing any bits of dried gunk that might be surrounding your piercing. Gently dry your face with a paper towel. Don't use a towel that is hanging in the bathroom because it has germs on it from previous uses. You need to keep your nose piercing site germ-free. Repeat this step twice a day.
- Prepare saline solution to use to soak your nose piercing. Put one cup of distilled water into a saucepan and bring to a boil on the stove. Dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in the water.
- Use the saline solution to disinfect your piercing. Saturate two cotton balls with the saline solution and hold them against your piercing site for at least five minutes. Now do the same thing for the inside of your nose for the other side of your piercing. Let it air dry. Do this two to three times a day for at least four weeks or until the piercing has healed.
In addition to your daily nose piercing care, remember to keep your hands away from your nose piercing during the day and resist the temptation to play with it. If you have to blow your nose, use a soft tissue and try to avoid pressing against the piercing while it's still fresh. Try to sleep on the opposite side of your face or on your back if you can.