These ocean quotes are all beautiful and interesting words that are great to use as interior decorating. Each of these quotes capture the beauty of the ocean, or use the ocean to establish a great metaphor. These quotes show that the ocean is a great part of nature for use as a metaphor or symbol.
- "Blue, green, grey, white, or black; smooth, ruffled, or mountainous; that ocean is not silent," H.P. Lovecraft: This ocean quote is one of celebrated author of horror and fantasy H.P. Lovecraft's greates sayings. It suggests that the ocean's beauty is so great and diverse that it is loud. This ocean quote would make a great addition to a home as a framed saying.
- "Asking is the beginning of receiving. Make sure you don't go to the ocean with a teaspoon. At least take a bucket so the kids won't laugh at you," Jim Rohn: Rohn is a tremendous author and entrepreneur, known for his ability to go from poverty to wealth. This quote uses the ocean as a metaphor for what you wish to receive in life. The ocean quote shows that you must ask in great amounts from life (the ocean) to receive just as much.
- "Every drop in the ocean counts," Yoko Ono: Yoko Ono is known for her marriage to John Lennon, as well as her work as an artist and peace activist. This quote uses the ocean to show that every part of nature and life is valuable. This ocean quote puts tremenous worth on the entire expanse of ocean.
- "But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of ocean," H.P. Lovecraft: This is a beautiful quote by author H.P. Lovecraft, discussing the mystery of the ocean. It's definitely a great quote that puts the mystery of the ocean above all other aspects in life. It would make a great ocean quote to include on a greeting card or on a poster.
- "How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean," Arthur Clarke: This ocean quote is one of author and inventor Arthur Clarke's quotes. It's a great funny quote pointing out the irony of the planet Earth's name, as the majority is ocean rather than land. This would make a great quote to use when needing a funny ocean quote.