After looking over the Ocella side effects, it will be apparent that this medication must be taken very seriously. Ocella has been prescribed as a form of birth control since 2008 and contains the active ingredients drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol.
- Changes in hormone levels. The active ingredients in Ocella increase the amount of potassium and estrogen in the blood. When potassium and estrogen are increased it can result in side effects such as heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolism, blood clots, gallbladder disease, and even sudden death. This is why it is crucial to follow up with a doctor when noticing anything unusual or anything that resembles one of these side effects.
- Stomach problems. Users of Ocella have complained of nausea and vomiting, along with abdominal discomfort and loss of appetite.
- Headaches. Ocella has been linked to headaches. Though these headaches are not reported to be severe, they can still be uncomfortable.
- Vaginal complications. Some other less severe side effects of Ocella are menstrual bleeding between cycles, vaginal discharge and yeast infections. While vaginal bleeding between cycles and discharge may be nothing serious, you should still get it checked out. Severe changes in menstrual cycle and irritation accompanied by discharge usually leads to a more serious problem.
- Changes in appearance. The most common side effect experienced that changes appearance is weight gain. Weight gain is not very serious, and can be managed with the proper diet and exercise. Other changes in appearance are usually a sign of a serious problem ahead. Those side effects include hair loss, swelling in the feet and hands, skin discoloration, visual impairments and eye irritation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...