If you're looking to celebrate the German tradition and enjoy Oktoberfest food, these five easy recipes can come in quite handy. Oktoberfest is known for the consumption of food and drink, with tastes of potato salad, sausage, sauerkraut and or course beer popular favorites. To allow more time to celebrate the holiday and spend less time in the kitchen, use these five easy Oktoberfest recipes.
Easy Oktoberfest Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 ounces kielbasa, sliced into thirds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- Boil potatoes in water in a large stock pot just until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Brown kielbasa in a skillet on both sides. Set aside to cool then slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, water, salt, pepper, celery, onion, pickles and eggs in a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Mix potatoes, kielbasa and dressing in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Easy Oktoberfest Pie Recipe
- 1/2 pound kielbasa, cooked and sliced
- 1 1/3 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup baking mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a nine-inch pie pan.
- Layer the kielbasa, sauerkraut and cheese in the prepared pan. Toss to mix if desired.
- Combine milk, beer, eggs and baking mix in a bowl. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour the wet mixture evenly over the other ingredients in the pie pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Allow to cool, then slice and serve.
Easy Oktoberfest Pork and Sauerkraut Recipe
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 large tart apple, cored and chopped
- 32 ounces sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds red-skinned potatoes, cubed
- 1 2 1/2-pound pork loin roast
- Combine onion, apple, sauerkraut, brown sugar, garlic, caraway seeds and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Place potatoes in a slow cooker. Top with one half of the sauerkraut mixture.
- Add the pork to the slow cooker. Pour the remainder of the sauerkraut mixture over the pork.
Cover and cook on high for about eight hours or until the pork is cooked through.
- Slice pork and serve with potatoes and sauerkraut.
Easy Oktoberfest Beer Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 4 rib-eye steaks
- 24 ounces beer
- Season each steak with salt and lemon pepper on both sides. Place in a shallow dish.
- Gently pour beer over the steaks. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Grill steaks to your desired doneness. Discard any leftover marinade.
Easy Oktoberfest Linzer Tart Recipe
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 12 ounces fruit preserves; raspberry works well
- Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind almonds in a large food processor. Add sugar cookie dough, a bit at a time, and pulse to blend.
- Press 3/4 of the dough into the bottom and sides of a fluted tart pan. Spread the fruit preserves over the bottom of the dough.
- Roll the remaining dough 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Use a cookie cutter or sharp knife to carefully cut your desired shapes into the dough. Arrange the dough shapes over the fruit preserves.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.