Love the Olive Garden, and want to replicate the Olive Garden alfredo sauce recipe? If you’re too far away, or it’s too late to make it to the Olive Garden, don’t fret. With a few simple ingredients, you can make a pretty impressive Olive Garden alfredo sauce at home.
To make Olive Garden’s famous alfredo, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of whole or 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Romano cheese
- 6 eggs
- Kosher sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Medium size saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Metal fork or whisk for mixing
- Small mixing bowl
- Fresh pasta, cooked
- Heat. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the milk and cream together to form the alfredo’s base. Stir the sauce regularly until it is hot and begins to bubble gently. When the alfredo sauce starts to bubble, immediately remove it from the stovetop.
- Add cheese. Mix both cheeses into the alfredo a little bit at a time. Continuously stir to avoid lumps. Olive Garden uses, both Parmesan and Romano cheeses, but if you only have one type on hand you could use a cup of one cheese or the other, instead of a half cup of each.
- Whip eggs. In a small mixing bowl, whip together six egg yolks with a fork or whisk. Do not use the egg whites, just the yolks. Save the whites in the refrigerator for a tasty omelette tomorrow morning.
- Temper. Pour a little bit of the hot alfredo base into the bowl with the eggs to warm the eggs gradually. If you add the eggs to a pan of hot alfredo, you’ll end up with scrambled eggs, not Olive Garden alfredo. Carefully add the now warm egg mixture into the pan with the rest of the alfredo. Heat the alfredo over medium heat, stirring continuously until the sauce simmers. Once the sauce begins to bubble, take it off the heat to thicken.
- Season and serve. Season the Olive Garden alfredo with salt and freshly ground pepper. If you prefer, you could add a touch of garlic powder or hot pepper flakes. Serve over hot pasta. Add grilled chicken or shrimp for a little added protein and flavor.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.