Use the Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo recipe to enjoy your favorite Olive Garden dish at home. Olive Garden is famous for rich, creamy Alfredo sauce over tender pasta, chicken, or shrimp. This light cheesy versatile sauce can be used over everything from vegetables to steak. It takes 15 minutes to make this simple recipe.
To make Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo, you will need:
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper (optional)
- 2/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound Fettuccine
- Cook the Fettuccine. Fill a large pot half full of water. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the water and bring to a boil over a high heat while you create the Alfredo sauce. Once the water boils, add the fettuccine, stir often, and cook until tender. Strain before serving.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Place the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat to melt. Note: Use care not to scorch the butter or it will ruin the Alfredo sauce.
- Add the cream cheese. Once the butter is melted, add the cream cheese and soften over a medium heat stirring with a rubber spatula. When the cream cheese is soft slowly add the heavy cream and stir constantly.
- Season the Alfredo sauce. Add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the Alfredo cream sauce and stir.
- Simmer the Alfredo sauce. Lower the heat to a low simmer. Simmer the Alfredo for 15 minutes while stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese until smooth.
- Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo. Strain the freshly cooked fettuccine and place a serving on a dinner plate. Spoon Alfredo sauce over the Fettuccine and serve.
Tips and Warnings:
- Start boiling the water for the pasta first so the pasta will finish cooking about the same time the Alfredo sauce is ready. Timing is everything in the kitchen.
- Pepper allergies are very common. If preparing Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo for a group of friends, consider leaving the pepper out of the recipe and placing the pepper shaker on the table.
Douglas, Ron, More of America's Most Wanted Recipes: More Than 200 Simple and Delicious Secret Restaurant Recipes–All for $10 or Less!. Atria 2010