Olympic Hockey Rosters 2010
The Olympic Hockey rosters 2010 included some of the best players currently in the National Hockey League as well as the top hockey stars from around the globe. While each of the 2010 Olympic Hockey rosters were almost equally impressive and stacked with talent, the Canadian Men's Olympic Hockey Team prevailed above all others and took home the gold medal.
- Team Canada Men's Olympic Hockey - Stocked with numerous NHL All-Stars, the Canadian Olympic Hockey roster in 2010 used Roberto Luongo as the primary goaltender. Other stars, such as Patrick Marleau, Jarome Iginla, Dany Heatley, Joe Thornton, Corey Perry, Martin Brodeur and Marc-Andre Fleury joined Sidney Crosby, who scored the game-winning overtime goal in the gold medal game.
- Team U.S.A. Men's Olympic Hockey - Falling in an extra session to Canada and finishing with the silver medal, the 2010 U.S. Men's Olympic Hockey roster featured the best American-born players like Olympic Hockey MVP goaltender Ryan Miller. Among the others included Tim Thomas, Jack Johnson, Brian Rafalski, Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan, Patrick Kane, Ryan Kesler and Jamie Langenbrunner.
- Team Finland Men's Olympic Hockey - Finishing the tournament with a bronze medal, the Finnish Men's Olympic Hockey roster in 2010 was led by NHL star Saku Koivu. Goaltenders Niklas Backstrom, Miikka Kiprusoff and Antero Niittymaki were joined by players such as Sami Lepisto, Olli Jokinen and Teemu Selanne.
- Team Russia Men's Olympic Hockey - Comprised of mainly NHL players, the Team Russia Men's Olympic Hockey roster 2010 also included players from the Russian Kontinental Hockey League. Alexander Ovechkin and Ilya Kovalchuk served as assistant captains on the squad and skated alongside the likes of Ilya Bryzgalov, Evgeni Nabokov, Pavel Datsyuk, Evgeni Malkin and Sergei Fedorov.
- Team Czech Republic Men's Olympic Hockey - Featuring just two players from the Czech Extraliga, the Czech Men's Olympic Hockey team was made up primarily of NHL players as well. Patrik Elias served as the captain, surrounded by the likes of Tomas Kaberle, Pavel Kubina, Jaronir Jagr and Martin Erat.
- Team Sweden Men's Olympic Hockey - Though the Swedish Men's Olympic Hockey team was favored with the talents like Nicklas Lidstrom, Daniel Alfredsson and Henrik Zetterberg, the team fell short and didn't medal at the 2010 Winter Olympics. Other skaters on the team included Peter Forsberg, Daniel and Henrik Sedin and Mattias Ohlund.
- Team Canada Women's Olympic Hockey - Just like on the men's side, the Canadian Women's Olympic Hockey team brought home a gold medal. Hayley Wickenheiser served as team captain for the squad, skating with notable players like Caroline Ouellette and Jayna Hefford.
- Team U.S.A. Women's Olympic Hockey - Finishing the tournament with a silver medal, the U.S. Women's Olympic Hockey roster 2010 was completely comprised of U.S. college hockey players. Natalie Darwitz, Jenny Potter, Julie Chu and Angela Ruggiero highlighted the roster.
- Team Finland Women's Olympic Hockey - Featuring several sets of teammates, the Finnish Women's Olympic Hockey roster 2010 meshed well together to earn the bronze medal. Team captain Emma Laaksonen played with others such as Jenni Hiirikoski and Saara Tuominen, among others, on the squad.
- Team Sweden Women's Olympic Hockey - Stacked with players from the Modo Hockey team, the Swedish Women's Olympic Hockey team was comprised of players like Maria Rooth, Jenni Asserholt and Erika Holst. Similar to their men's team, the Swedish Women did not take home a medal at the games.