There are so many reasons that you might have to organize a local table tennis tournament. You may want to get to know the people in your community a little better. You may want to show off some mad table tennis skills. You may just want to find a reason to have the girl next door come over. Whatever your reasons, organizing a local table tennis tournament can be a challenge worth taking on.
You will need:
- tables for competition
- players to play
- pencils/pens and something to write with
- Choose a date for the local table tennis tournament. As the organizer, you want to choose a day that is going to work well for most people. Usually this means the weekend. You may even want to ask around to get a feel for what would be the best day or evening.
- Organize a local table tennis tournament bracket. There are several different ways to set up any type of sporting tournament. For the easiest setup, you can start an even number of players on either side of the brackets. When a person wins they advance to the next level. Then, when they lose, they are out. You can also add a losers bracket to offer people more games to play.
- Set up times for the games in the brackets. As you organize the local table tennis tournament you need to set up times that individual players are going to compete. The timing is going to depend on the number of players that you have as well as the number of tables that you have access to. Remember to leave some extra time in between games on the chance that some of them go over in their time allotment.
- Make sure you have enough equipment. Size is going to be a factor when you organize a local table tennis tournament. If you are planning to have several different people all playing at the same time you are going to need multiple tables to use for the tournament. If you have a recreation center nearby you may be able to talk to someone there about using the tables.
- Get the word out about the local table tennis tournament. If you have friends that play table tennis, they will be able to get the word out to some of the enthusiasts in the area. You can open it up to anyone or just keep it with serious competitors. Remember to set a deadline for entrance into the tournament if you want to have enough time to plan well.
- Consider whether or not you are going to offer prizes. As you organize a local table tennis tournament you may want to ask people to pay an entry fee. Then, use the money that you collect to be used as a prize for the winners. You can also offer prizes for the most overall points and other factors that have been tallied during the tournament.
When you choose to organize a local table tennis tournament you are bringing together beginners and enthusiasts to have a good time together and enjoy a little competition.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.