If you like to use quotes in your Facebook updates, there is a seemingly endless font of Oscar Wilde quotes for Facebook status updates. Oscar Wilde's unmatched wit, acerbic observations and occasional lapse into helpful inspiration make him one of the most quotable authors in the English language. Here are just a few of his best:
- "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." This Oscar Wilde quote gets a lot of use on Facebook and other places, but, it's only because it's such a great quote.
- "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there." The idea that heaven would be a boring place to be has been expressed many times, but never so wittily as in this Oscar Wilde quote.
- "Never love anybody who treats you like you’re ordinary." Everyone deserves to have someone who thinks they are extraordinary, and this Oscar Wilde quote is great for Facebook statuses to remind your friends of that.
- "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." It's funny because you're using this Oscar Wilde quote for your Facebook status. Get it?
- "Work is the curse of the drinking classes." There are few Oscar Wilde quotes that make better Facebook statuses when you have to drag yourself into work hungover from a night of drinking.
- "Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you! Let nothing be lost upon you. Be always searching for new sensations. Be afraid of nothing." Every now and then, it helps to be reminded to embrace life. Using this Oscar Wilde quote on Facebook is a great way to get that message of positivity out there.
- "I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself." This riff on a Voltaire quote is a great one to use when you've read too many updates from your crazy conspiracy-theory obsessed uncle.
- "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." This humorous exhortation to just be yourself puts a fresh spin on the well-worn axiom.
- "Create yourself. Be yourself your poem." Use this Oscar Wilde quote for your Facebook status when you feel that your friends could use a little creative inspiration.
- "Irony is wasted on the stupid." Everyone has gotten into one of those endless comment wars with someone who is not worth the time. End the discussion by posting this Oscar Wilde quote as your next Facebook status.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.