Outlet Shopping: 10 Tips
When going outlet shopping, there are 10 tips that every shopper should follow. Outlet shopping is a great way to spend the day and get some great deals along the way. By following these ten tips, your outlet shopping trip will be fun and easy.
- The first tip is to get to the outlets early. The earlier you arrive at the outlets to shop, the easier your shopping trip will be. You won't have to fight for parking or wait in long lines at the stores. Plus, you'll have the first shot at all the good deals.
Plan out your shopping day. Make a plan and decide on your top five stores to visit. In case you run out of time, you don't want to miss out on shopping at your favorite stores.
- Try to shop when it's less crowded. Unless you enjoy crowds, it's best to try to hit the outlet stores during the weekdays. Saturday is usually the busiest shopping day of the week. Also, try to shop early in the day or during mealtimes.
- Don't forget the coupons. You can get even greater deals at outlet stores if you combine the already discounted savings with coupons. Sometimes you can find the coupons online or you can sign up for a store's mailing list and have special offers sent to your email.
- Make a budget. Since you can find so many great deals when outlet shopping, it's a good idea to make a budget and stick to it. You don't want to over extend yourself by impulse buying. By having a budget you will know exactly how much you have to spend while outlet shopping.
- Pay attention to prices. Even though prices at outlet stores are usually lower, it's always a good idea to compare prices. Knowing how much you would pay at the regular retail store will give you an idea of whether or not you are getting a better price at the outlet store. Don't forget to check the sale racks that are usually kept in the back of the store.
- Stop for lunch. Make sure you plan to eat lunch while shopping. There is nothing worse than shopping on a empty stomach. In most outlet malls there is usually a food court where you have several dining choices.
- A very important tip is to wear comfortable shoes and clothes. There is nothing worse than sore feet while you are shopping, so make sure you wear shoes that will be really comfortable. You don't want to miss out on a deal and cut your outlet shopping short just because your feet are aching. It's also important to wear clothing that is loose fitting and easy to take on and off if you will be trying on clothing.
- Pay attention to the weather. Many outlet malls are outside, so make sure you pay attention to what the weather is going to be like. You don't want to miss out on any deals because of bad weather. It's always a good idea to have a hooded jacket or umbrella on hand just in case you do encounter bad weather.
- The last tip is to make sure you know the return policies. Make sure you know if the store you purchased an item from has a return policy. You don't want to be stuck with an item that you don't want or that you find something wrong with. Make sure you know how long you have to return the item. If you are on vacation, it's important to thoroughly look the item over before you leave the outlet mall.