Pacific Coast Trail Runs
This inconclusive list of Pacific Coast trails runs will give your body a workout as well as offer many natural beauties and wonders for you to feast your eyes upon. Many of the trail courses are challenging and contain steep and rapid elevations, temperate weather and natural hazards. It’s always important to research the surrounding areas your trails are in to prepare yourself as much as possible.
- Oregon Coast Trail, Oregon. This long distance trail flanks the entire coastal side of Oregon. It runs 425 miles in length and stems from the mouth of the Columbia River and goes southward to the California border town of Brookings.
- Malibu Creek Trails, California. These 30 miles of accessible running and hiking trails oversee the location of former “M*A*S*H*” and “Swiss Family Robinson” television series and is a park still being used for movie-making.
- Aliso and Wood Canyon Wilderness Trails, California. This Orange County park is a wildlife sanctuary that contains approximately 30 miles of running and hiking trails with access to the Laguna Beach coast. The trails are set in 3,900 acres of oaks, sycamores, streams and caves.
- Fort Colombia State Parks Trails, Washington. Twenty miles of running paths and trails take you many through history as you get the opportunity to see gun emplacements and batteries, historic barracks as well as flower filled meadows and fir forests.
- Santa Cruz Mountain Trails, California. The main long distance trail is the Skyline to Sea Trail, which winds almost 40 miles through tall Coastal Redwoods, streams canyons, pine and oak forests and bluffs overlooking the Monterey Bay.
- Silver Falls State Park Trails, Oregon. Oregon’s largest state park boasts over 8,700 acres of temperate rainforest and many trails, though the park’s premiere trail, the internationally acclaimed Silver Creek Canyon Trail, passes 10 towering waterfall in its 7-mile length. Overall, it features 25 miles of trails for running and hiking.
- Pirates Cove Trail, California. This challenging run is located in Rodeo Beach and will make you climb and dip over several thousand feet. It offers panoramic views of the Northern California Pacific Coast and San Francisco.
- Scott Cougar Mountain Trails, Washington. There are 36 miles lush running and hiking trails galore in the Cougar Mountain Wild-land Park, set in 3,098 acres of creeks, marshes, waterfalls and summits.
- Griffith Park to Mount Hollywood Trails, California. You can run, hike, commune with nature but still see the Hollywood sign at this popular pacific coast park. The trails are ideal for novice runners due to the smooth, wide trails available.
- Ledbetter Point State Park Trails, Washington. This coastal park has numerous miles of maintained running trails. The wild beach trails offer ocean-lovers 10.6 miles of beach trails to traverse. While running here, you may see many over 200 species of migrating birds as well.