Looking for a Pad See Ew recipe? Pad See Ew, also spelled Phat Si Iu, is a Thai dish made with flat rice noodles and commonly served as street food. The name literally means "soy sauce stir fry." This Pad See Ew recipe makes one serving; for best results, only cook one serving at a time so you don't crowd the pan.
To make a Pad See Ew recipe, you will need:
- one tablespoon vegetable oil
- one tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken, beef, pork or tofu, cut into bite-sized slices
- one cup fresh wide, flat rice noodles
- one cup Chinese broccoli (kai-lan), cut into bite-sized pieces
- one tablespoon light soy sauce
- one tablespoon black soy sauce
- large pinch white pepper
- one egg, lightly beaten
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in a wok or large frying pan. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, being careful not to burn.
- Add the meat or tofu. Cook until the meat is cooked through or the tofu is browned.
- Add the noodles and Chinese broccoli. Cook about a minute, stirring constantly, until the broccoli is wilted. Stir in the soy sauces and white pepper.
- Push the noodles aside to create space on the bottom of the pan. Add a bit more oil if necessary, then add the egg and scramble it.
- Remove the Pad See Ew recipe from the pan and serve immediately.
- If you can't find fresh rice noodles for your Pad See Ew recipe, use dried. Blanch them in boiling water and rinse in cold water before adding to the stir fry.
- Chinese broccoli is a leafy green vegetable. If you can't find it, substitute broccoli florets, bok choy or collard greens.
- Black soy sauce is a thick, aged soy sauce with a sweet flavor. You can make a substitute by boiling one part regular soy sauce and two parts palm sugar until syrupy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.