Paddleboard Workout For Beginners
Paddleboard workouts for beginners are an excellent form of fitness which will both strengthen the core of the body as well as the arms, backs and shoulders. These paddleboard workouts for beginners should be done on land, in a gym or through other activities so that these inexperienced pabbleboarders will have the proper strength for when they are out on the water. By doing these paddleboard workouts for beginners on a regular basis and then getting out on the water, you will become a more experienced paddleboarder and be able to enjoy the activity more fully.
- Back Exercises. Having a strong back, which has muscles that connect to your shoulders and arms, is important when beginning to paddleboard. So a good paddleboard workout for beginners involving the strengthening of back muscles is going to a gym and doing pull down exercises with a bar connected by a cord to weights, strengthening the lat muscles which run vertically in the upper part of the back.
- Push-Ups. Doing push-ups every day is a great paddleboard workout for beginners. This will strengthen the chest and shoulders of those who are beginning to paddleboard regularly, as well as add strength to those muscles in the back. Try to work your way up to 100 push-ups in a day.
- Dips. Dips are basically vertical push-ups, where you lift and lower your body between two bars which are a little more then shoulder length apart. This is a great paddleboard workout for beginners as it strengthens your shoulders and chest, but focuses strengthening the main muscles you use in your back in paddleboarding.
- Canoeing. Paddling in a canoe is the exact same motion paddleboard beginners will use when they are on their paddleboard. So doing this regularly will strengthen those shoulder and arm muscles and get them used to doing this same motion over and over again. And you'll get to workout outside, which is fun as well.
- Core Strengthening. Balancing on a paddleboard requires core strength inside your body, especially considering you will have to do this for hours at a time, as you work your way up in paddleboarding skill. So an absolutely necessary paddleboard workout for beginners is core strengthening. This can easily be done by getting in a military push-up position and holding your body absolutely straight for as long as possible. Try to do this for two minutes straight each time.