Paddleboards For Beginners
Paddleboards for beginners are typically longer and wider than paddleboards designed for the more experienced paddleboarders. Long boards that are more than eleven feet long and 31 inches wide tend to ensure stability, so it is easier for beginners to keep their balance. Below are some of the best stand up paddleboards for beginners.
- 2010 Oxbow Cruiser 12' Paddleboard The Cruiser paddleboard by Oxbow is 31 inches wide for better stability. It features a volume of 220 liters, a thickness of 4.7 inches and a 10 inch glass fin. Beginners will find an easy time riding small to medium size waves or flat water. There is also a 32-inch wide version of the same model.
- 2010 Tabou 11'2" Paddleboard This paddleboard for beginners is 31 inches long and 210 liters. It's designed for high versatility in a variety of water conditions. You have your choice between a three-fin and a single fin set up. Both beginners and larger experienced paddleboarders will love this board.
- Surftech Laird 12'1" Paddleboard The Laird paddleboard by Suftech is super wide with a flat bottom. These are two factors that add to its remarkable stability. Flat bottoms also help with speed. The paddleboard is 4.25 inches thick and has a volume of 206 liters. The center fin and two side fins keep your board straight in any kind of water. The Laird was named after professional surfer Laird Hamilton who provided designer Ron House with advice to make this a high performance paddleboard for both beginners and advanced paddleboarders. The Laird also features a ten-inch single fin.
- Pau Hana Big Easy 11' Paddleboard The Big Easy is 32 inches wide and eleven feet long. It is also five inches thick. If you want to stay afloat for longer periods as a beginner, you may do well with the Big Easy. It is easy to maneuver and the round nose and flat bottom help you keep your balance.
- C4 Waterman Holoholo 12' Paddleboard The Holoholo is designed so you can enjoy your environment without worrying too much about keeping your balance. Beginning paddleboarders can certainly appreciate this. It weights 25 pounds and has a volume of 191 liters as well as a five inch thickness. The Holoholo is a "cruiser" board designed for flat water. Mellow paddleboarding enthusiasts who like to enjoy the scenery will find that it suits their needs quite well. However, it is also very versatile for the gung ho rough water types. Its versatility and beautiful design make the Holoholo one of the best paddleboards for beginners.