Paintball Beginner Help
The paintball beginner help outlined in this article is important for all novice paintball players. While the majority of paintball games are done in fun, that doesn’t mean it’s not a potentially dangerous activity. These tips for paintball beginners can help keep you safe on the field. Additionally, there are some things that beginners tend to do that will ultimately make you unsuccessful in winning the game. With a little help, you can heighten your paintball skills and overpower your opponents.
- Practice using the paintball gun. Before you get out onto the field for the first time, make sure you’ve already shot the gun several times. Knowing how to use it could mean the difference between being safe and harming yourself or others, as well as the difference between winning and losing.
- Keep that mask on. Paintball beginners might think it’s okay to take off their mask for a few seconds to say something, breathe some fresh air or just cool off. This should never be done. Taking off your mask is extremely dangerous and can lead to serious injury.
- Cover your skin. When a paintball hits a thick layer of clothing, such as a sweat suit, you will feel little if any painful impact. However, if you have bare skin, the paintball can hurt quite a bit and can even leave a mark. Make sure wall of your skin is covered, including your calves, ankles, arms, neck and hands.
- Wear clothes that will camouflage. Some paintball beginners might just put on the first thick clothing they find in their closet. However, that bright orange sweat suit you wear to the gym just won’t cut it during a paintball game. You need to be able to blend into the background. Opt for darker colors, such as brown, black and forest green, and don’t forget to wear dark shoes.
- Follow the direction of your team captain. In most paintball games, a team captain will be appointed. As a new player, you might not realize how seriously some of the other players take the game. Listen to the captain, follow his lead and do what you’re told. You can always look forward to this position of authority once you’ve gained more experience.
- Play the game. Some paintball beginners have a tendency to stay still, not communicate and avoid shooting. This isn’t playing the game. To avoid being shot, you must keep moving and move quickly. Communicate with your fellow players and shoot when you have the chance.