Paintball positions or player positions for paintball are based on the style of paintball you are engaged in. Player positions each playa key element in winning the match for your team. This article will look at player position in paintball for traditional tournament paintball.
What you will need for this:
- Paintball arena
- Tournament paintball team
- Paintball gear
- Player positions in tournament paintball (or speedball) consist of as little as three players to as many as seven. The player positions for paintball breakout simple as front, middle and back. Each position has its main function and is expected to back up the other and fill in incases of player removal.
- The front position or frontman is the front bunker spot. These players need to be your best shooters and most agile. They are spotted at the closest bunker to the break and will move from side to side bunkers looking for the best angles to take out the opponent. Their role is shooters, used to take out the opponent but be ware that the other team has these players as well.
- The middle position or mid-players control the field. These are normally your most versatile and best overall paintball players. They are expected to fill holes for eliminated players as well as in constant motion. The mid-player is positioned in bunkers between the front and back and is charged with field management. They are the team captains directing movement and calling out warning.
- Back players or back hold up the rear bunkers. The back players keep suppressing fire open to cover the other players as the move into position. Rapid fire is key and close lane support vital. They should be able to fire off in succession and reload in motion. Your long range shooters with the biggest hoppers are best in the back to support frontal operations.