Paintball Sniper Gear Essentials
The sniper is one of the most important people on a paintball team, make sure you look and feel the part with these paintball sniper gear essentials. The sniper needs to either provide cover fire and pick off key players from the other team with accurate shots. There is very specific gear needed to accomplish these goals.
- Sniper Paintball Gun. A sniper gun doesn't necessarily have to be a separate gun. Paintball sniper guns can be bought as a package or be custom made. The sniper gun allows the shooter to shoot farther and with greater accuracy.
- Ghillie suit. A ghillie suit is a camouflage suit that allows the sniper to blend in with their surroundings. There are some suits that let you add different foliage to help you blend even more.
- A scope. The scope on a paintball gun helps with accuracy. It will magnify the target allowing you to aim better. You can use either a red dot scope or a high powered sight.
- Bipod. A bipod can be attached to the front of a sniper gun to help with stability. A bipod should fold down quickly and easily so you can move quickly when you need to.
- Sniper barrel. A sniper barrel should be at least 18 inches long, but they can be up to 22 inches long. A longer barrel will allow the sniper to shoot farther. A silencer can also add to the length of the barrel.
- Remote line. Since many shots done by a paintball sniper are done from the ground, a remote line will help you get closer to the ground.
- Laser sight. A laser sight is part of the list of essential paintball sniper gear because it will help to ensure accuracy. A sniper quite often only has one shot so it has to count.