Paintball strategies are important if you want to be good paintball player. When you go into the field with no strategy whatsoever, it’s not likely that you’ll be able to last very long. O the other hand, when you go into the playing field with several strategies in mind, you’ll be able to handle situations that come up, last longer and get in more points for you or your team.
- Be able to hide. Hiding involves several paintball strategies. First, you should be blending in with the paintball field. Most will be a mix of browns and greens. Therefore, these are the colors you should be wearing. Second, be prepared to get low and stay low. When you hear members of an opposing team coming toward you, you’ll need to get down to the ground and stay there until they pass. Otherwise, you will be hit.
- Get some exercise. Another important paintball strategy is to be ready for some serious exercise. Part of surviving the game is moving. You will need to move far and fast. The more you move, the more likely it will be that you will come out on top. When you stay still, unless you’re in a sniper position, you’re vulnerable, and the opposing team will know it.
- Designate jobs to team members. Some of your team members should be designated as snipers, for example. The snipers get up high and wait for opposing team members to walk by. Then, they eliminate them. Other players might have the job of hunting, while still others are meant to survive to the very end.
- Shoot as you run. While snipers stay perfectly still and quiet as they shoot, the majority of paintball players will need to be feeling as they run from the opposing team. This means you’ll have to be able to steady your gun, aim accurately and shoot all while running at high speeds. It’s a tough strategy to get right, but the more you practice, the more successful you will be.
- Ambush your opponents. This strategy is all about team communication. You and your fellow paintball team members should have signals in place for communicating across far distances or when you need to be silent. When you find members of the opposing team, take them from at least two sides. This ambush attack strategy will make it more likely that they’ll be hit and not you or your team members.