If you’re big into paintball but you want to sharpen your skills up a bit, these paintball tips are just the trick. Whether you’re a new player or you’re an experienced one who’s looking for a bit of an edge, these are great paintball hints to keep you in the game longer!
- Wear dark and neutral clothes. Unless specifically ordered not to do so, always wear dark and neutral clothes. These is one of the essential paintball tips. They blend in more easily with surroundings and you can cover a lot more ground in them. White or flashy colors will always get you shot.
- Follow the team captain’s orders no matter what. It’s a simple concept, but many people find themselves disobeying it all the time. If your team has been appointed a captain, be sure to listen to what he says and follow his orders. He’s more than likely an experienced player and he knows what he’s talking about. Even if you’re ordered to stay out of the action, it could get your team a win! Never doubt his orders, and never try to be the hero just because you don’t feel like succumbing to authority.
- Keep gaining ground. You always want to keep advancing on the enemy (if you’re playing offensive). If you’ve cleared an area, this means it’s time to move on. If you stick around in one place for a long amount of time, more opponents might show up and eliminate you!
- Survey the field. This is one of the most important paintball tips, and it’s really important when you enter a new area. Many players make the mistake of advancing too far into the field when they initially arrive, and it turns out being detrimental to their game. Make sure to stay alert of your surroundings; especially when you’ve found yourself in unknown territory.
- Communication is a must. Communication is nice in all parts of the game of paintball. You can either do this by shouting or using radios (but the latter is recommended). Communication is especially called for offensive types of play to keep the entire team aware of what’s going on.