If you're looking for some great artistic fun, be sure to try out these awesome painting games. The following painting games allow you to express yourself through the unconventional means of a controller and console and, obviously, contain some of the best color usage we've seen yet. If you're looking to express yourself like no other, be sure to try out these rocking painting games.
- "de Blob." This unique game is one of the best painting games out there. You play a blob who must take his world back from the totalitarian rule of a monochromatic empire. Great for the kids, this is one of the best games that combines music and art to create an amazing aesthetic.
- "Jet Set Radio Future." An oldie but goodie, this is one of this author's personal favortite painting games from the original Xbox. You play as a group of streetwise teenagers, armed with some rollerblades and spray paint to wage an all-out turf war across a neon-lit Tokyo. Much like the previous entrant, this game has a kicking soundtrack, as well as some of the most creative character designs that we've seen yet!
- "Disney's Epic Mickey." Just because this game contains the world's most famous mascot doesn't make it a kiddie game. You play as Mickey armed with a paint brush imbued with amazing powers. You have the power to refinish the world with paint or destory it with thinner, giving you some harsh moral choices amidst all of the pretty colors.
- "Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure." It might have flown under your radar, but this is one of the best painting games out there. You play as a young teenager who must fight a totalitarian government police threatening to take away his voice. Your weapons? Spray paint, stickers, and a sketch book of great ideas. Never have we wanted to become a renegade graffiti artist more than after playing one of the best painting games ever!
- "Mario Paint." The original painting game for the SNES, this was basically "Photoshop" with a Mario theme. You can create your own designs, imbue them with some characteristic Nintendo designs, and even tool around with a great music creator. This was one of the most ambitious titles of its time, making it one of the best painting games of all time.