The most common parasites in humans symptoms can cause many complications. Discover how to detect the parasite by learning about the common ones. Recognize the symptoms parasites cause and the tests and treatments used to detect these common human parasite infections. Many infections are caused by insect, worms and protozoa. These parasites cause problems with absorbing food and physical complications. They often cause a number of symptoms in the human body like nausea, diarrhea, fever, and other diseases.
- Anisakis. These are worms that live in the stomach. A person gets infected by eating fish or squid that have the eggs. It lives only a few short weeks but causes pain, cramps, and nausea. The problem is often treated with medication by the doctor. It is often treated by surgery or prescribed medications.
- Human Pinworms. This is one of the most common infections in the US. It can be transmitted from humans by inhaling the eggs. It is most common in children but only causes anal itching. When diagnosed, it is treated with over the counter medications and prescriptions. Eggs can be carried in pet hair and food.
- Hookworms. Hookworms are roundworms that live in the small intestine. Often, infections are transmitted through skin or soil where hookworms live. Most infections are short lived. Serious infections are treated with medication and surgical removal. Often hookworm infestation is found by examining a human stool sample. Often, the worm penetrates the human skin and moves through the tissue.
- Whip worms. A parasite that often infects those that visit countries with tropical climates. Infections occur when humans eat unwashed vegetables with soil that contains eggs, rice, or beans. Infections are detected by the doctor or lab examining your stool. Often two drugs are prescribed by the doctor that kill Whip worms. The medications for this parasite include mebendazole and albendazole.
- Dwarf tapeworm. These are the most common tapeworms found in humans. This disease in found world wide in many different countries. The eggs are transmitted through food with soil, workers that don't wash hands that handle food or soil. Infected rodents often contaminate soil and water with feces. Some make a diagnosis by testing human stool for eggs. It is treated with a prescription drug called praziquantel.
- Toxoplasma. This is a Protozoa that causes a disease called toxoplamosis. The disease is found all over the world. It is passed on through cats and humans. Humans are infected by blood transfusion, eating undercooked meat infected and pregnant women infected will pass it on to the child. It is usually detected by blood tests or examining a stool sample. It is often treated with different drug combinations prescribed by a doctor.
- Bed bugs. Bed bugs are skin parasites that live inside or near beds. They feed on human blood by biting the victim. They are hard to eliminate. The bites leave red spots. Often, the bugs are eliminated with hot or cold temperatures or pest control products. Some people use steam cleaning for mattresses and other furniture that may be infested.
- Human botfly. Parasites that lay eggs on the human skin, human botflys burrow into the skin and breathes through a special tube. It lives inside the skin feed then comes out and drops off. It can rarely be noticed. If burrowed under the skin, they can be killed by suffocating by covering location on skin with adhesive tape or nail polish. It is pulled out with tweezers or small pliers. A good disinfectant should be applied to the skin after.
- Scabies. A skin mite that causes severe itching. It penetrates under the skin and lays eggs. It causes itching rashes. It is usually treated by washing with a sulfuric soap for several days. Sometimes other medications are prescribed by the doctor.
- Lice. Flat bodied wingless insects that feed on blood. They crawl on skin and through human hair.They come from other humans and children who are infected. Sometimes you can be infected by sleeping in bedding that has them. Most often found in young children. Treatments are generally insectical shampoos and this takes several days to work.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …