Many think of it as a decoration to their meal or an added spice, however parsley health benefits are plentiful. Not many people know about the health benefits of parsley, and in the following article you are going to find out why this leafy spice can be life saving. The following is a list of the top five health benefits that parsley can have on the body.
- Good for the Heart: Parsley has folic acid in it. Folic acid is a must in having a healthy heart. Folic acid helps to protect the heart and prevent a stroke or other heart related disease. That is why parsley has a significant impact on a person's health.
- Fights Cancer: Studies have found that parsley contains oils that inhibit tumor formation in a person's body. The area that is protected the most by parsley is the lungs. The folic acid also helps to prevent cancer in areas such as the skin and the colon.
- Protects against Arthritis: Studies have found that people who eat parsley have a less likely a possibility of developing arthritis. Parsley is rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C helps protect the skin, bones and joints of people. It also helps to strengthen the body overall and keep up the immune system.
- Stomach Regulation: One of the biggest health benefits that parsley has is stomach regulation. Parsley has a soothing effect on the stomach, similar to an antacid. The parsley can help with constipation, diarrhea, and overall stomach health. Suffering from stomach pain is one of the worst pains to suffer from, thus eating parsley is very important.
- Antioxidant: Parsley has many antioxidants including flavonoids. This antioxidant helps to prevent oxygen-based damage to any of the body's cells. This also helps to create good oxygen in the bloodstream and improve overall health.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Lando’s Penalty Kick Ritual: A Tribute
He plays his last match for the USA tonight. This video is a testament to his impact.