With your passionate relationship ended, how to move forward is a big issue. Ending a relationship–or worse, being left–is never easy. But there are some positive steps that you can take to make this transition much easier.
- Give it TIME. This may be a cliché, but it’s absolutely true–time really does heal all wounds. Don’t expect to get over your former partner quickly. In time, you will start having more bright days than dark ones.
- Allow yourself to grieve. With your passionate relationship ended, how to move forward will require you to grieve. Romantic or marital breakups are a lot like losing your partner to death and, as such, you will–you must–grieve. But how you grieve is up to you. You may cry. You may punch a pillow. You may take a day to dwell on every one of your former partner’s faults. You may write a letter to your former partner filled with love, rage, guilt…and then burn it. Whatever feels right to you is the right way to grieve.
- Feel all of it, and then let it go. Although blame, guilt, anger, and recriminations are normal during the grief process, do not allow these feelings to control your life. Feel all of these emotions, and then let them go. Dwelling on the negative will keep you stuck. With your passionate relationship ended, how to move forward will require you to feel all the emotions of the grief process, and then let them go.
- Talk about it. As you move through this grief process, it’s important that you talk about your feelings with a close friend, a counselor, a support group…or even an online forum. Talking to others–especially those who have gone through a similar process–will let you know that you are not alone.
- Look to the future. Though you are grieving right now, know that this pain will not last forever. You do have a future. Yes, your passionate relationship has ended, but not your life. Start making plans now. A brighter future is on its way.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”