For fashionable guys with inquiring minds, we’ve compiled a list of five facts about Phat Farm stock. Created by Russell Simmons, a father of the hip-hop movement, the Phat Farm brand celebrates contemporary American culture with a unique line of men’s sportswear.
Simmons, who co-founded the Def Jam record label in the early 1990s, wanted a clothing line that mixed the preppy Ivy League style with the urban aesthetics of the streets. The success of Phat Fashions results from the company’s commitment to quality, innovative design, and strategic marketing.
The Phat Farm concept breaks ethnic boundaries and stereotypes. This unique American brand sets a new standard for men’s sportswear. Here are five facts you may not know about Phat Fashions and Phat Farm stock.
- The Phat Farm expansion. Phat Fashions is one of the most successful African-American owned clothing companies in the United States. It includes Phat Farm, a line of men’s sportswear, and Baby Phat, a line that has expanded from women’s wear to fragrances, eyeglasses, and baby clothes. Simmons sold his company to Kellwood Apparel in 2005. His ex-wife, Kimora Lee Simmons, continues to serve as Creative Director.
- A mixture of styles. The Phat Farm brand is an upscale mix of sporty urban styles and preppy Ivy League looks. For example, baggy jeans are paired with colorful argyle socks and white sneakers. Classic polo shirts feature abstract art across a shoulder. And classic denim jeans have street art embroidered on the back pockets.
- A political message. Most Phat Farm stock includes a political message. For example, a broken flag logo appears on nearly every item except footwear. Created by Russell Simmons and Kimora Lee Simmons, the flag logo is said to symbolizes the state of separation in the world today.
- A lifestyle message. Simmons once described the Phat Farm brand as “an honest depiction of the life our core audience is aspiring to.” The brand represents a lifestyle that is not only aspirational, but also multicultural and individual.
- An inspiration. Phat Farm became a fashion leader not only for urban youth, but for fashion in general. The company paved the way for other hip-hop moguls to break into fashion. Sean “Diddy” Combs and Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, for example, followed in Simmons’ footsteps with their Sean John and Rocawear clothing lines. Like Phat Farm, these clothing lines represent a borderless, global lifestyle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.