Most people know at least something about phobias and their meanings. A large amount of individuals have an irrational type of fear. These kinds of conditions result in people going through obstacles to avoid the objects of their fear. Continue reading to see if you know the common phobias below and their meanings.
- Aerophobia. The fear of flying is perhaps the most widely felt phobia of all. This fear keeps many people from using airplanes or helicopter. Persons with aerophobia experience a large amount of anxiety that may result in panic attacks.
- Arachnophobia. The fear of spiders and other arachnids has spawned various movies. Persons with this phobia often feel scared when around areas that may contain spiders or their webs. An individual does not need history with arachnids to develop the fear.
- Coulrophobia. Fear of clowns is one the most publicized phobias in media. Adults and children may develop an intense fear of any clown-themed motif. Some professionals believe the fright stems from a strange face coupled with a normal body.
- Glossophobia. The fear of public speaking is sometimes called speech anxiety. People that have glossophobia may have an increased heart rate, nausea and extreme panic. It is estimated that 3 out of 4 orators may experience apprehension when speaking in front of others.
- Claustrophobia. Fear of small areas without a way to escape is one of the most common types of phobia. This fear can present itself in small rooms, elevators and walls without windows. People with this fear feel a risk of suffocation is imminent.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!