Photoshop Cs5 Tutorial
If you like photo editing to use your creativity in transforming a photo to look more like a realistic painting, this Photoshop Cs5 tutorial can guide you all the way. Photoshop is a very useful tool to edit and create images the way you like it. Before Photoshop was available it is a bit tricky to create photos that will look like a realistic-looking painting. With this Photoshop Cs5 tutorial using its Mixer Brush feature you can be guided to create your own painting master piece.
- Choose a photo that you want to edit. You must have saved the photo in your computer. Open the Photoshop program and import the photo you want to edit by opening the photo file from the program.
- Duplicate the layer. Use the command Ctrl +J in order to duplicate the background layer. You can also drag the layer towards the “create new layer” icon that you can find from the “layer palette” tool option.
- Look for the brush icon. It is usually found on the left side of the screen of the Photoshop Cs5 program. Click on its icon and different types of brush tools will appear. Point the mouse pointer on the “mixer brush tool” to select it as your option. Right click on the image and a menu on different brush options will appear. You can also go to Window then choose brushes. You can select which type of brush you want to use for your photo.
- Open the brush dialog box. You can do this by simple pressing F5 or you can use the icon found on the top left to select from the toolbar for brush parameters. Once the dialog box is opened different options are available for you. You can select the type of effects that you want the brush to produce such as smooth or airbrush style.
- Choose the ideal size of the brush. You can choose bigger or smaller brushes for your photo. You can test each and see how it will go on your photo. Click “undo” after each test. Once you find the ideal brush size to use you can start painting your photo by doing circular motions using the brush.
- Do the final touches. Once you are done with painting the photo go to “sharpen tool” from the left side tool of your monitor and select as brush size of 400 px. Go to the edit option and choose “fade” and enter 45% for its opacity option. Then go to the “artistic filter” option then choose “artistic” then “dry brush” to enter the setting of 0, 10, and 3. Go to the “edit” option then click on “fade dry brush” and enter 35%. To apply a surface blur to the photo go to “filter” then “blur” and “surface blur” options and enter setting 3, 4. Go to “edit” then “surface blur” and enter 15%. Save your work then view the final image of your masterpiece from the Photoshop Cs5.