Picnic games that are fun for the whole family can bring a new level of entertainment that can turn your nightmare into, well, something better. It's summer time and outdoor activities are sure to come at you fast and furious. While you might want to be home watching a ball game, you will inevitably need to go on these outings with the family and actually contribute to them. Remember these family picnic games and you'll be a hit with the kids and the spouse.
- Red Rover, Red Rover, send what's his name over. Red Rover a fun little picnic game. The kids get to recite a cool, little rhyme over and over (...and over!) again and there's some amount of exercise and contact involved while kids try to break through the line of connected arms on the opposite side.
- Starting driver's ed early. Red Light, Green Light is another picnic game that is fun for kids and can probably occupy them for at least 30 minutes. You know the deal: One kids turns around and counts to three as the others approach and tries to tag him or her in order to be the next all-powerful "red light person." At the last minute the counter turns around says, "Red light!" It there is any movement by a contestant, that person has lost. Crying will ensue.
- Something green. This can be a fun picnic game with a bunch of different age groups. Keep in mind that there will be that smart-alack little kid who wants to spy something green at public park with grass and trees. Hint: Practice your poker skills and look for "tells." Watch the eyes. They'll say it all!
- Get under there! Limbo can be particularly fun for adults and children. Warning: Do not try to out-limbo a smaller, younger and more flexible body. This will hurt.
- What flag? Capture the flag is a picnic game best reserved for older kids. Two teams split up and place their flag in an area, under guard, while the rest of the team scouts for the other team's flag. If opposing members are caught in each other's areas, they can be captured and then set free. Bottom line is this could present you with hours of free time.