Pimento Cheese Recipe
Make a delicious meal by using this pimento cheese recipe. Pimento cheese is a Southern delicacy that can be made anywhere in the world. This delicious sandwich spread debuted in 1909 in a sandwich book and has been enjoyed on crackers, bread, celery and more. Follow the instructions of this pimento cheese recipe to create a perfect, delicious sandwich spread.
To use a pimento cheese recipe, you will need:
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. smashed pimentos
- 1 tsp. grated onion
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Prepare the cream cheese. Beat three ounces of cream cheese with an electric mixer. Continue beating the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Put all the ingredients in with the cream cheese. Add the cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos, grated onions and pepper in the cream cheese. Beat the ingredients and cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Make a seasoning for the pimento cheese. Put salt, 1/4 cup of black pepper and 1/4 cup of garlic powder in a sealed container. Put the lid on the container and make sure it is sealed tightly. Shake the container to mix the ingredients.
- Season the pimento cheese. Unseal the container. Spread a few pinches of the seasoning on the pimento cheese. Beat with the blender until well mixed.
Do not pour the entire container of seasoning in the pimento cheese. Seal the container and save the seasoning for later.