Ping Pong Rules And Regulations
It is important to know the ping pong rules and regulations when playing this game. Ping pong, also called table tennis, is a sport played with two or four players using a table with a net in the center. The players each use a racket and hit a small ball back and forth across the table. There are many rules and regulations when it comes to the equipment needed and the play of the game.
- The table is nine feet by five feet. One regulation of ping pong is the size of the table. It does not have to be made of any particular material, but the ball should yield a bounce of around 23 cms. when it is dropped from around 30 cm.
- Figure out who goes first. In ping pong, a coin is tossed to determine who goes first. Ping pong is either played with two people; one on each side of the table, or in pairs with two people on each side.
- Serve the ball. Players take turns serving the ball to the other player or team. To serve the ball, the server throws the ball in the air, and as it is coming down, he hits it with his racket. It must cross over the net, without touching it, to count as a fair serve.
- Win points. Players or teams earn points when the opponent fails to return the ball properly. You also earn points if the server incorrectly serves the ball.
- How the game is won. Whichever team reaches 11 points first wins the game unless both teams have 10 points. At that point, the game is not won until one team has two more points than the other team.